Monday, December 1, 2014

Minty Intersection Update

Sleepless, coughing, stuffy head feelings need to go away!  
Two naps and a set of graded papers have me feeling more alive and in the mood to clean up the house. 


Step one - get Intersections off the floor so I can vacuum!

Minty colors are not often on my palate, so this project has been a joy to spend time on. Strange paisleys, flea market finds from the 60's or 70's and new fabric like the butter soft Michael Miller gray have made me happy.  
The blue was discarded from this project and used up in my chevrons. 
 Haven't made many quilts without blue.

It didn't take very long to trim and assemble the squares.

The awesome tutorial at Film In the Fridge was easy to figure out as well as tweak for the precut squares I had abandoned months ago. 


Snapping a few pics on a warm sunny day prompted me to walk in the leaves...

that need to be raked!



A project for a day my head isn't pounding.
Step two -  nap number three, under a quilt on the couch. 
Wish I Instagramed so I could share this with the #fitfquilts group.  

If you visit my Intersections, please leave me a post, just say Hi.  Even if you don't like the quilt, just send me get well wishes!

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric patterns, colors and placement......... now I have to make one. someday. LOL

    ReplyDelete