Tuesday, February 3, 2015

20 year old HST

Baggies of Treasure!

Cleaning up meant sorting scraps of previous projects.  Another clean up effort meant moving the scraps to baggies. Baggies into boxes, boxes into moving trucks...Another year, another clean up meant moving the baggies from bins to another bin.  Then drawer...








And this weekend the baggies came out of a drawer, sparking, glowing with desire, guiding the way to be part of a new quilt!!!!!



There are different sizes of HST.  Some are in the scrap baggies because they are not really square.  I don't care.  There is a way they will work together. I am creative!  I will find the way.



Honestly, I still don't know where this is going, but it is going rather well on this mystery path!  Some of these square are from recent quilts. The calico's were leftovers from a quilt I made in Lake Charles in 1993. 
I love white background quilts.  I love scraps.  I love scraps on white back grounds.  I love Half Square Triangles.  What more could I ask for?  I love blue and green and purple!  Most of my quilts have at least two of those colors featured.  

Oh, I hear it now..."OMG those are chain store prints!!"

"Those are PRINTS, not solids!  

"eeeewweh - how, how, NOT modern!!!"  

"How, how...old!  How last month!!!! "  

"There isn't a major designer fabric in all that horrible mess!!!  Just chunk in it in the bin, lady and move on!!!  Get with the program here!  Send it off to the wannabe quilters. "

Smirk - it makes me happy.  You don't.  Go your way, I'll go mine! 

So here I go, following shiny sparks of HST for a new quilt of greens and blue and purples!  


Loving the calico's of 1990 cozying up with the retro prints of 2014 all keeping me warm and crafting in 2015. And a drawer of scrap baggies is empty!




2 comments:

  1. I apologize to one major designer...I am using a square of a major designer to join two blocks. Forgot about that in my rant. I just pick what I like, not what has a name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME TOO! I love all the fabrics I own. I love prints!
    This project you are working on, looks like fun! I cannot wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete