Friday, April 24, 2015

April Flowing Like a Stream

Just enjoy some pictures of quilts on a lovely spring evening   
I don't have much to say. 
Sometimes, there are not words...

Back in February, I started the quilting on Tire Tracks.  
Finally, I made myself finish.
This is a very large quilt - 110 x 93.  
This is quilt #29!  
Poor thing has been waiting for my skills to build since 2013.

















Tire Tracks and Spring Fling Green are on a brown truck as of this morning heading to the appropriate recipients (I hope they didn't switch the labels!)



totally 70's sheet backing for Tire Tracks













The little scrappy improv quilt started as a method of avoiding clean up from a white and neutral bin sorting. It finished itself in two weeks. 









This week has been very hard for me and my school family.  

Prayers, peace and healing to all facing unexpected and heart wrenching loss. 


I've been down this road ahead of you.  One spring not so very long ago.  
I'm still sewing for my healing, starting my 7th year alone in order to piece together the fragments of my life, my mind, and my soul stitch by stitch into something new and unique.
Raiders are crying. 

1 comment: