Monday, March 16, 2015

Fabric Store Road Trip - I must be getting old!


Fabric Store... 

HERE I COME!  
Anytime I make a weekday trip to the ATL, I double check my fabric budget so I know my limit at A Scarlet Thread!  

Tomorrow is the day! And I need things, not just want them for a change.  








A dear friend's family quilt top needs a backing.  And a backing and binding is needed for the finish of this quilt top another dear one donated to me.    

I thought I had this one covered, but didn't realize how large this really was going to finish out.  

I'm thinking I will indulge myself with some perfect designer I rarely spend the $$$ on something like Kaffe Fassett... because the clothing of the Etcetera Clothing Line is so pricey, it rather justifies my indulgence.  




And then the progress on the "Scraps of Failure" Quilt appear to make the scrap version greater than the parent quilt!  It needs some love and cuddle-ness on the back, does it not?  

So, the plastic will be hot in the morning!  

Totally miss you Sandy @ Colonial Quilts - you have left a void that is only filled with a trek to the ATL.  I'm sorry the lovely ladies at Sew Much More don't carry more of the solids and fancies I crave.  I think I bought the whole bolt of Michael Miller purple they had in the store. 

After the shopping spree, I will be turning over and fertilizing my mama's garden for her tomato patch.  May the produce of her 86th year be one of the best!  Love her so!

1 comment:

  1. totally lol at the patches of the rug showing through. I love that rug

    ReplyDelete