Monday, January 19, 2015

Quilt Pic Day Part 2

Quilts 45 and 46 in front of the lens at the Davenport House Museum.

Yes, more blue scraps generated & consumed in Quilt 45.  The second I saw Becky Goldsmith's Pick Up Sticks displayed at  Modern Quilt Guild Showcase 2014, I started sketching. 
 My execution of her design became more about diamonds than sticks.  I still had the star diamond from # 42 in my head. Love the pink hue in the background neutral.  That was one of my last fabric purchases in the going out of business sale at Colonial Quilts.



Quilt 46 was my son's dictate from Elizabeth Hartman's book Modern Patchwork.  He had me stop adding layers to the plaid.  A minimalist kind of guy.   

I am totally jazzed about MQG Quilt Con coming to this lovely little city of Savannah, GA in 2017. My da'hlin man has headed back above the gnat line to his responsibilities, leaving me with the camera.  I'm glad for the exciting announcement from Modern Quilt Guild to ease the empty-house-and-back-to-real-job blues. 



And this is what happens I'm left alone in the house...
Etcetera consumed the last of the Gray Grunge I had on hand. All the amazing fashion books have every fabric except the black, white and red removed from the glue, backed on Pellon and sorted into color stacks.  I have an idea for those Reds and Blacks I think my friend Sheila, who donated these lovely Etcetera swatches will approve I will start on this spring.  (She admits to being a UGA grad?!?)

 Now real job takes over while I await my UPS delivery of more lovely background neutral fabric. 







1 comment: