Sunday, January 18, 2015

Quilt Pic Day in the Sun Part 1

A Day Out and About for Quilts 31,40,42,45,46 & 47

Sunshine returned at last, along with my dear man, so we made the most of my fair city squares on a January Saturday. 


Quilt 31 was troublesome for me to quilt.  I thought the quilt top deserved better than my quilting skills can deliver, so it languished over a year.  I still did not achieve quilting to satisfy my hopes for it, but all these little squares finally had its day in Whitfield square!  


This quilt design came from A Quilters World Autumn 2013 by Jenny Retwig.  I cannot find any links to share on the pattern here.  Thank you Quilters World and Jenny for this pattern for I adore cutting fabric into squares!  




My city is a scene stealer backdrop for quilts!  That's fine with me.


Quilt 42 is my take on a pressed tin roof found still in many houses of old Savannah. I enjoy simple paper piecing.  The blue scraps were overflowing from two previous blue scrap projects, and then this quilt didn't consume them all.  Time to make another!





Photos made, time together, brunch consumed all with easy talk and laughter in the sunlight. I shall blog again with more quilt pics from the day.  It is time to post this and get back to enjoying having the man around sharing life for a few days.




1 comment:

  1. Both are beautiful! From a distance, the gray background really pops on the blue one but closer up, the blue plate motif stands out better.

    ReplyDelete