Sunday, November 9, 2014

Getting Started at Quilt 45

What do I have to say that would justify me creating this blog?  What is there to say about a quilt?  What do I want to say about sewing to recreate order in a life that changed beyond my understanding?  What is there to say about six years that have passed since the person that completed my heart and soul died?  What is there to say about  being the mom of a son with a heart perhaps even be more compassionate than that of his father.  What do I need to say about another amazing man blazing into my life? 

I don’t know!  There’s the answer!  I don’t know what I need to say, but there are things I want to say!

Mostly about quilting!

45 quilts into my story, the blog starts here!


Number 45 was bound, threads snipped and introduced to the world today.  :-)

Time to start sharing some things about the process that might fall on the eyes and hearts of someone out there stitching through grief and regrowth along with me!

The scraps of sewing, quilting and my heart found  the place they belonged -  in strips.  When it hurt to face a weekend day, or the burden too heavy to do the things Scott and I once loved, I was able to just sew all the blues together  (and I dooo have blue fabric!)  Those strips looked so amazing trimmed to uniform length. Crisp, clean randomness.

The strips joined some lovely Northcott Stonehenge gray/blue.  Which of course ran out before I was ready for it to!  So a visit to the wonderful local fabric store - turned up nothing - so I substituted!  It is scrappy and make do, just like me!





So when time came to make a backing, I pulled out yardage purchased 15 years ago for Da Boy's room in the new house.  It just didn't work into the room, but seemed appropriate to back the scraps!  




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love your scrappy quilt!! I'm new to your blog, and figured I'd start with the first post. I'll be looking forward to reading more about your quilts and your life.

    ReplyDelete